Window covering Boca Raton, FL, is essential. So is choosing the correct style of window. Clad windows are a very popular alternative to wood windows. You can achieve the beautiful look of wood windows with them. Most importantly, clad windows save you from the upkeep of the exterior.
Finding the right window can be tough for you. There are different materials with unique pros and cons. So, it becomes difficult to know which one is the best for you. Many people have not even heard about the word “clad” before. But, these windows are just one of the many types.
Wondering what exactly is a clad window?
Here is what you need to know about clad windows.
What Are Clad Windows?
As the name suggests, it is a type of window simply made of wood but has exterior cladding to protect its frame. With cladding, it creates an exterior barrier. As cladding is attached to the exterior of a wood frame, it protects the wood from harsh outside elements.
Types of Clad Windows
Clad windows come in three major types: fiberglass, vinyl, and aluminum. Let’s take a look at what each type has to offer:
Fiberglass clad windows
These windows are made with fiberglass exterior cladding. No doubt, fiberglass is one of the most durable materials for windows. In this type of window, fibers are strung together and melded into a resin.
- Most durable material for window frames
- Fiberglass provides excellent strength for wood frame
- The material is maintenance-free.
- It doesn’t expand and contract through changing temperatures
- Low-quality fiberglass cladding is not strong
- Some fiberglass can fade in color if not finished properly
Vinyl clad windows
Undoubtedly, vinyl is one of the best materials for cladding. It is engineered to be wear-resistant and more durable. Most importantly, vinyl cladding can withstand temperature and weathering.
- Vinyl is resistant to bending, warping, or bowing
- It is one of the less expensive window materials
- High-quality vinyl can be exposed to changing temperatures
- Low-quality vinyl may change its shape from the temperature swings
- Under several weather conditions (like rain, snow, and hail), it may peel and crack.
Aluminum clad windows
This type of window is made with aluminum exterior cladding. It is one of the strongest materials when paired with the wood window. Aluminum clad windows can last for many years.
- Aluminum is highly durable and lost lasting when used on the window’s exterior.
- It requires very little maintenance or upkeep.
- The aluminum cladding looks appealing and performs better than many others.
- Some aluminum cladding can be conductive.
- The frame may trap excess heat, which is not good for your home.
These three are the popular types of window cladding. Fiberglass, vinyl, and aluminum are the commonly used materials for cladding. A window expert can help you choose the best material for your home. You need to consider some important factors when shopping for the replacement window. You also need to think about window coverings. Our experts can save you from this hassle by providing much-needed consultation. Discover new window covering Boca Raton, FL, options today/